IN September last year, 21 of Wat’s On Dance Studio’s dancers received their Springbok colours through the Dance Masters Of All Times competition to compete overseas in 2018.
In July 2018, nine of their students went over to Spain to the Sea Sun Festival, an international competition where they competed against many other countries.
The nine dancers were Sue-Ellen Vermaak, Jayme Golding, Loreal Oliphant, Chanell Mels, Anne Hough, Zoe Watson, Chantal Watson, Kian Watson and Enzo Vicente.
Wat’s On Dance Studio held their name high and the following were judged on an international grid and received the following awards:
• Anne Hough – ballet solo third – contemporary solo third
• Chanell Mels – ballet solo second – contemporary solo third
• Jayme Golding – ballet solo second – contemporary solo first winner in her division
• Kian Watson – ballet solo second – hip-hop solo first and winner in his division
• Envo Vicente – ballet solo third – hip-hop solo second
• Zoe Watson – contemporary solo second
• Loreal Oliphant – contemporary solo first winner in her division
• Sue-Ellen Vermaak – contemporary solo first winner in her division
• Enzo Vicente and Kian Watson – hip-hop duet second
• Chanell Mels and Anne Hough –contemporary duet third
• Jayme Golding and Loreal Oliphant – contemporary duet first winner in their division
• Zoe Watson and Chantal Watson – contemporary duet second
• Sue-Ellen Vermaak and Chantal Watson – contemporary duet first winner in their division
• Zoe Watson, Loreal Oliphant, Sue-Ellen Vermaak and Chantal Watson – contemporary quartet second
In total the studio came home with six overall section winners trophies.