What to do if you are in an accident

If you’ve had a car accident you need to know what to do.

Kobeli Mokheseng, spokesperson for the EMPD, offered the following advice:

  • Immediately stop the vehicle.
  • Ascertain the nature and extent of any injuries sustained.
  • If a person is injured, render assistance if they aren’t capable.
  • Ascertain the nature and extent of damage sustained.
  • If required, get their name and address, the name and address of the owner of the vehicle, as well as the registration number of any person who may have witnessed the accident.
  • Report the accident to the nearest police station within 24 hours and produce the driver’s licence.

Also Read: 

WATCH: Truck rolls down embankment after Comaro – leaves one dead

Narrow escape for Good Samaritans on N12

For free daily local news in the south, visit our sister newspapers Alberton RecordComaro ChronicleSouthern Courier and Get it Joburg South Magazine.

Remember to visit our FacebookTwitter and Instagram pages. You can also email our offices on cvdwalt@caxton.co.zajuliem@caxton.co.za or luckyt@caxton.co.za

Add us on WhatsApp today! Comaro Chronicle: 079 427 8074 and Southern Courier: 079 404 5789.

find your
dream home

looking for an

List your Property

It's easy in only three
simple steps...

find professional
services in
your area

Locate a business
operating in
your area

List your Business

Want more customers? They're online right now, searching for businesses like yours. Place your ad now...

Latest News


germistoncitynewsalbertonsoutherncourierKathorus Mailgetit Autodealer.co.za
Recommended Story x
What to do at an accident scene

Thanx for your referral. We have no doubt your friends will love our newsletter as much as you!

Don't forget to verify your email.

to our free NEWSLETTER
SUBSCRIBE to our FREE newsletter.

SELECT your titles:

Alberton Record
Comaro Chronicle
Kathorus Mail
Southern Courier

Your details:

Your friends:

I didn't sign up for this
I'd like to see and read more... (Please indicate in comments section below)
I'm relocating (Please indicate where to)